SNOWPLOW IMPROVEMENTS
JANUARY 23, 2010
The original snowplow I built last weekend looked fine, but was not very functional.  It scraped on some
spots and was high off the rail in others, and the plow was bucking when the unsecured blade bottom hit
the rail.  So I made a few modifications to make it more useful as a real functioning snowplow.
MODIFIED PLOW - I added bracing and a lower wedge to keep the bottom
of the plow from bucking.  The original plow just had the upper wedge-shaped
piece.
ADJUSTABLE PLOW WITH HANDLE - by pulling back on the handle, the
opera-tor can lift the plow.  Charlotte does NOT approve of the handle.
BLADE DOWN - The blade is just above the railhead.
BLADE UP - The blade will raise two inches by pulling back on the handle.
[home]