THE TURNOUT IS DONE!
JANUARY 11, 2009
[home]
The only job remaining was to make a flangeway for the frog.  In G scale I used
epoxy filler; here I used an aluminum plate secured with screws.
The wheelset shows the tight clearances of the guardrail.  The wheel rides
across the gap on its flange on the new plate, thereby saving wear on the rail
ends.
Here's one last look at the newly completed turnout while it's still in the garage.
The turnout fits well on the golf cart with the help of an empty trash can.
The old track panel is unbolted and pulled aside.
The new turnout has now arrived.
Here it is, freshly installed, after two rail cuts and the bolting of four joint
bars.
After a few shovelfuls of ballast, the new turnout looks like it belongs!